Sultan and Sabreen
Sultan and Sabreen were rescued by Four Paws from war-torn Gaza in 2014. The rescue mission was documented and can be seen in the below video.
The deplorable conditions in which these lions were found can be clearly seen in the pictures above. They have since been rehabilitated and continue to flourish in their new enclosure at Al Ma’wa. Sabreen is currently the oldest lioness at Al Ma’wa but still enjoys playing with hanging wheels and barrels, whereas Sultan just likes to rub against and mark such enrichment.
- Easy to work with now (previously was seen as dangerous when he would bite and pull down his electrical wires on a daily basis)
- Motivated by food, likes chicken
- Likes to come and watch the keepers working in the area
- Likes to oversee all the other lions in the area
- Does not like any form of enrichment, just sprays/marks it
Sultan and Sabreen are two beautiful African Lions
- Easy to work with and calm
- Motivated by food
- Likes enrichment of hanging wheels or barrels